Head of Sales & Business Development Manager
Purpose of Position
For the APAC region , we are looking for a most energetic and charismatic ambassador and business driver for our world leading and vastly growing business of microphones, monitors, headphones and other professional audio equipment. You will be responsible for facilitating & securing current & future business development, sales and overall profitability by analyzing and communicating regional market demands, identifying current and future key customers as well as regional opinion leaders and ambassadors. You will be instrumental in forecasting and tracking demand for the region, monitoring financial health of the current portfolio for the region, evaluating revenue potential of new projects and planning marketing activities for various target groups to increase our competitive position, sell-through and achieve ambitious goals. In order to achieve those goals you will report directly to the Neumann CEO, need to work closely with the Neumann headquarter (located in Berlin/ Germany) and the regional Sennheiser sales teams as well as build trustful relationships with key industry drivers, key customers ranging from owners of recording studios, OTTs and streaming services, broadcasting organizations and high-end MI retail chains all the way to key producers, FOH and monitoring engineers and artists.
You will be heavily involved in executing business segment long term strategic goals while securing short-term success by carefully balancing, monitoring and improving core key dimensions and KPI’s, including but not limited to turnover and profit contribution. Your ability to “manage thru influence” will be vital for your success in this role. Acting as the prime interface of Neumann for communication in the respective region, also between other business units, the regional sales teams and internal functions of the Sennheiser Group, you will be required to drive decision making and accountability without direct reports.
- Development and implementation of business performance analyses as well as regional forecasting
- Constantly monitor, update and initiate actions to secure adherence to the key dimensions
- Assist in driving and improving Neumann profit contribution
- Monitoring and identification of markets, trends and competitors on a regional level
- Personal involvement in strategic key projects, key customers and opinion leaders
- Development and implementation of regional BD and sales initiatives in the respective region in line with the global plan for Neumann
- Reference person and coordinator for regional sales for Neumann
- Responsible for managing demo pool for Neumann on a regional basis
- Setup and securing of knowledge transfer in the global sales channels
- Supports Director in identifying (strategic) product & service opportunities and service capabilities of the Segment
- Show visible leadership and take an active role in shaping team culture
- Attend key tradeshows as well as relevant meetings at Neumann HQ.
- University degree in business administration, marketing or engineering or related
- Strong “manage thru influence” skills with the ability to motivate and coach across functional areas and teams
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain internal and external relationships in line with company core values.
- Ability to hold others accountable and take responsibility for achieving stated objectives
- Strong analytical skill set and business acumen
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal team members as well as external colleagues to create a result driven, team oriented environment.
- Strong ability to take initiative and drive decision making with all levels of interfaces
- Professional experience of +5 years preferably in the area of product management, project management, marketing or B2B sales
- Experience and professional networks in Professional Audio Recording or/and Live environment
- Fluent in local language and English (level 2B min) language in both writing and oral.
- Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- Ability to travel up to 50% with overnight stays up to 25%
- Strong presentation skills
- Capable in Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel and CRM systems
- Market, business and industry understanding
- Strong level of financial competence and business acumen
- Ability to work with high degree of freedom and prioritize efforts to secure maximum output
- Balance requirement for turnover targets with margin and cost optimization for your respective region.
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the cross functional teams and international business setting
- Ability to analyze and solve complex tasks under consideration of opposite interests in an efficient manner
- Intercultural competence
- Ability to balancing various stakeholders
- End user empathy
- Positive attitude
Please use our job portal to apply for this job.